Monday, March 17, 2008

Checking Out Files from CVS


Checking Out Files from CVS

To checkout a project / module:
cvs co <project / module name>

In the following example, I will checkout ProjectX:
% cvs co ProjectX  cvs checkout: Updating ProjectX  
U ProjectX/File1.java
U ProjectX/File2.java
U ProjectX/File3.java
cvs checkout: Updating ProjectX/new_stuff
U ProjectX/new_stuff/a.txt
U ProjectX/new_stuff/b.txt
U ProjectX/new_stuff/c.txt

You can also checkout individual files without including their directory structure. For example, I want to checkout the files a.txt, b.txt, and c.txt but without any of the directory structure. I want the files checked out to the current directory I am in:
% cvs co -d . ProjectX/new_stuff  
cvs checkout: Updating .
U a.txt
U b.txt
U c.txt

Or I can include a directory name to checkout to. For example, I want to checkout the same files into a directory named working:
% cvs co -d working ProjectX/new_stuff  
cvs checkout: Updating working
U working/a.txt
U working/b.txt
U working/c.txt

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home